If you aren’t sure what Birchbox is, please refer to this post.
Sorry, for those of you who were waiting, that my monthly Birchbox post is a little late this month. I received my October Birchbox, and I’m much more pleased by it than I was last month. My September Birchbox did grow on me, though. I really liked the perfume sample and the nail polish strips were great. I still think that it should have been better due to September being the anniversary box, but I did enjoy my samples. For October my expectations were lower, so I’m happier about what I got. I’m super excited about one item in particular that I have had my eye on. But before I get into that, let me get into the October box.
This month’s theme was “Prep & Finish” and according to Birchbox, “This batch of samples will help you become your most gorgeous self from start to finish.”
- Amika Obliphica Hair Treatment- regular price: $34 for 3.38 fl oz; Sample size: .34 fl oz, worth $3.42. “This versatile hair oil can be used on damp hair or dry hair, and adds manageability, softness, and shine. Bonus: it smells gorgeous.”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills HydraFull Gloss in Bellini- regular price: $21 for .7 fl oz; Sample size: .03 fl oz, worth $0.90 “This plush gloss plumps and hydrates lips and adds a pretty peachy sheen.”
- Clark’s Botanicals Intense Radiance Mask- regular price: $72 for 1.7 fl oz; Sample size: approx. .5 fl oz worth $21.18 “The solution to dull, congested skin. This white clay mask detoxifies pores, conquers blemishes, and even calms irritations. It’s glow time.”
- Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze- regular price: $25 for 2 oz; Sample size: 0.05 oz worth $6.25 “This hydrating primer gives you a flawless foundation for makeup- plus a subtle glow. It works on all skin tones- we tested it!”
- Extra: The Laundress Wool & Cashmere Shampoo- regular price: $19 for 16 fl oz; Sample size: .5 fl oz worth $.59 “This fall, treat your sweaters as well as you treat your tresses with this exceedingly elegant detergent.”
The grand total of my October 2011 Birchbox comes to $32.34.
I’m so excited about the Laura Geller primer! I’ve been wanting to try the Laura Geller brand for a good while now, so I am really happy to have this sample. I’m also excited to try the Clark’s Botanicals mask. I have to say, though, that the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss is laughably small. I literally laughed when I saw it. It’s a beautiful color, and I’m glad to have it, but it’s teeny tiny. Check out the pictures below and see how small the product is compared to the box and my thumb. What a waste of packaging! I like the extra this month better than the useless hair band from August and the cheap friendship bracelet from September, but I am surprised that it’s laundry detergent. That seems kind of out of place for a beauty box, but it’s an extra, so I’m not complaining. I am still happy with my subscription.
If you are interested in Birchbox’s $10.00 monthly subscription, you can find them at birchbox.com
See September’s Birchbox here, to check out what I got last month.