Hey everyone, I hope that you had an amazing holiday. I had a nice Christmas with my family, full of laughter, tears, a little bit of blood shed (pie cutters are sharper than you think), and jello shots. I’ve been loving this week because my husband has been off work, so I’m really enjoying having him home. Today is his last day off, so I will be returning to my regularly scheduled blogging soon. I received some fabulous presents this year, and I thought that I would show you the beauty-related items which may be starring in future posts.
I’m super excited about some of these items that I’ve been dying to try.
- Olay Professional Advanced Cleansing System– This is Olay’s version of the Clarisonic. There was no way that I was going to shell out two hundred dollars for the name brand Clarisonic, but I’ve been dying to try this Olay version.
- Salon Express nail art stamping kit– I saw this item reviewed on a couple of the beauty blogs that I read, and instantly knew that I wanted it. I’ve been eyeing the Bundle Monster stamping plates as an alternative to Konad for a long time now, but wasn’t sure how I’d take to nail stamping. Now I can try it out before investing in pricier items.
- Coconut Lime Breeze Body Butter– One of the newer scents from Bath & Body Works. Sooooo yummy! If you remember Coconut Lime Verbena, it’s similar, but smoother and not as heavy.
- Boots Extracts body butter in Brazil Nut– This was featured in one of my monthly favorites. I can’t get enough of this stuff. I also got to try the Mango version because it was gifted to my grandmother. I’m thinking that this entire line is equally fabulous. A funny side not: it took me five minutes to explain to my grandma that body butter is not edible, does not go on cookies or taste like frosting, and is basically a suped up lotion. She liked it once she understood what it was, and once she tried it out on her hands instead of her baked goods.
- Sonia Kashuk Medium Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush and Small Multi-purpose Powder Brush– I really wanted these brushes, so I’m excited to use them.
- Stila Eye Kajal in Onyx– I’ve been wanting one of these for months. I’ve heard such great things about Stila’s eye kajal that I can’t wait to try it out.
- Bath & Body Works Paris Amour body spray– This smells really good. I haven’t been too impressed with the last several “fancy pants” scents that B&BW released, but Paris Amour is delightful.
- Luxurious Lips Kit from American Beauty– I’ve never heard of the brand, but I swatched the lipstick, lip liner and lip gloss that come in this kit and they are pretty shades that I’ll get good use out of.
- Nutra Nail Gel Perfect UV-free Gel-Color– this is another product that I’m not too familiar with. I’ve seen it in stores, but haven’t tried it out. I am interested in trying it. “Sets Rock solid in 5 minutes” is a claim that I’d love to be true, because I hate waiting for my nails to dry. I’ve got my fingers crossed.
- Kiss Everlasting French nails– I keep thinking that I should get some fake nails for breaks or for when I want a mani, but don’t want to deal with the hassle, but I never buy them for myself. Luckily someone else thought of them for me.
The beauty-related gift that I am the most excited about is my Ed Hardy Deluxe Fragrance Collection.
I really love the fragrances in this set, especially Villain and Hearts and Daggers. Each Eau de Parfum spray is .25 fl oz, so they are just the right size for a sampling of what Ed hardy has to offer. My husband is totally awesome for braving a girly store like Ulta by himself to buy this for me.
From left to right: Ed Hardy for Women, Hearts and Daggers, Born Wild, and Villain. The box is highly reflective, so pardon the glare. Here’s a shot with the plastic cover removed.
As you can see, I made out like a bandit this year. 🙂 I’m so grateful that my family put so much thought into my gifts, beauty and non-beauty alike. What about you? Did you have any fabulous surprises under the tree? Let me know in the comments below, and tell me if there is anything that you want a full review of.