It’s Birchbox time again, and I have to say that I am a little disappointed. I loved absolutely everything in my January box, and I knew that it would be a tough act to follow. I wish Birchbox would have stepped it up a little this month. Maybe it’s because I’m still sick, but I am just not that into the samples that I got in this box. I’m also really bummed because some people received a Beauty Blender in their boxes this month. I’m not sure what determined who got one and who didn’t, but I’ve been wanting to try the Beauty Blender, so I’m super disappointed to have not gotten one. However, I did receive some interesting items, so I’m going to stop whining and get on with it. 😉
Febuary’s theme is “Spotlight” and here is what Birchbox had to say: “Despite what greeting card companies would have you believe, February is a great time to focus on yourself. This month’s samples are designed to highlight your awesomeness- and maybe attract a little attention. We’ve chosen exciting items from brands that are changing the way we think abut familiar products.”
- BENTA BERRY G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream– regular price $22 for 30 ml; sample size 3 ml, worth $2.20 “This French skincare line is brand-new to the U.S. Try their all-natural moisturizer, which regulates oil and keeps skin matte.“
- BLK DNM Perfume 11– regular price $110 for 50 ml; sample size 1 ml, worth $2.20 “New York’s hippest denim brand created this spicy perfume. Wear it for a dose of downtown cool.”
- EYE ROCK Designer Liner– regular price $13 for 2 sets of 4 liners; sample size 1 set of 4 liners, worth $6.50 “Stop wrestling with the liquid liner and achieve a perfect cat eye with these single-use stick-on liner strips.”
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint- regular price $38 for 1.7 oz; sample size .07 oz, worth $1.56 “The votes are in, and this award-winning tinted moisturizer tops the list. It’s our daily shortcut to dewy, glowing skin.”
- Extra: Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse– regular price $16 for 24 packets; sample size 2 packets, worth $1.33 “Just add water to this powder-filled pouch to create an on-the-go refreshing mouthwash that will sweeten your breath and naturally whiten your teeth.”
- Extra: Birchbox Digital Download– “Six free tunes from Green River Ordinance, an indie rock band poised to hit the spotlight.”
The grand total of my February 2012 Birchbox is $13.79. I’ve got to say it Birchbox, you really shorted me this month. The only sample that I’m excited to try is the Jouer tinted moisturizer. I wish the sample was a little bigger because it looks super tiny, but I am happy that I get to try it. I may end up giving my husband the BLK DNM “perfume” because it is designed to be unisex and smells a lot like cologne to me. The EYE ROCK stick-on eye liners look interesting, but I’m not sure about them. They are HUGE, and so I’m not sure when I’ll have the chance to wear something to bold. I don’t know.
Perhaps my samples will surprise me and I’ll end up really pleased with this box after I’ve had a chance to use some of the products. As I said before, January’s box was awesome, so they can’t all be “knock your socks off” amazing. Hopefully I’ll be more excited about March’s box. If you get Birchbox, I’d love to know what you thought about the products that you received. Did you get the coveted Beauty Blender? Let me know in the comments below.