My Birchbox got to me pretty early this month, which make me happy. By now, I’m sure that you all know about Birchbox (since I’ve been doing these posts since August) but if not, Birchbox is a $10.00 a month subscription service that provides a selection of 4-5 luxury samples of anything from skincare to makeup, hair care, and beauty tools from well-known brands as well as emerging ones. The contents of each month’s box is a surprise and some months are certainly better than others, but overall I’ve been pleased with my subscription.
April’s theme is “Natural Wonders” and here is what Birchbox had to say: “We’re not quite rugged (does backyard camping count?), but we love the great outdoors. This month, we’re bringing things back down to earth with fresh products that take inspiration from the world around us. You’ll find skincare packed with nourishing natural ingredients (they’re practically good enough to eat), healthy nail polish, and an optimistic new fragrance. These wholesome picks will get you excited to take on everything from garden parties to spring cleaning.”
- Befine Skincare Sampler including the Gentle Cleanser and Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 15- regular price (cleanser) $24.00 for 3.4 fl oz, (moisturizer) $25.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size is 2 samples of cleanser (0.34 fl oz each), worth $4.80, and 3 samples of moisturizer (0.34 fl oz each), worth $15.00 ($19.80 total for the sampler box). “Revive dull skin with this gentle cleanser and moisturizer duo. Both use rice extracts to restore skin’s natural barrier”.
- WEI White Lotus Hydrating Face Treatment Pad- regular price $68.00 for 6 pads; sample size 1 pad, worth $11.33. “This single-use face mask is soaked with a blend of Eastern botanicals and hyaluronic acid to give skin an instant boost.”
- Wonderstruck Taylor Swift fragrance- regular price $59.50 for 3.4 fl oz, or $49.50 for 1.7 fl oz; sample size 0.04 fl oz, worth $0.93 (average of the two price points). “The pop-country songstress’ scent is as catchy as her lyrics. We think it’s worthy of a standing gig on our vanity”.
- Zoya TRUE Spring Collection in Bevin- regular price $8.00 for 0.5 fl oz; sample size 0.25 fl oz, worth $4.00. “Lighten up for spring with this fresh shade. The non-toxic formula goes on opaque and lasts 50% longer than traditional polishes”.
- EXTRA MicrodermaMitt Face Mitt- regular price $28.50 each ; I think this sample is full size, worth $28.50. “This all-natural silk mitt gently exfoliates away dead skin cells and pore-clogging debris”.
The grand total worth of my box (minus the EXTRA) is $36.06. If you add the MicrodermaMitt Face Mitt into the mix, the total gets bumped to $64.56, which is way more than the $10 subscription fee. I’m very pleased with this month’s box. I’ve used Befine products before (different ones) and really liked them, so I’m excited to try my skincare sampler, especially since there is so much to try. I was actually thinking about getting a rollerball of Wonderstruck, so I’m happy to have the sample. And I finally get to try a Zoya polish! Bevin is a pretty blue, right up my alley. I’ve heard many good things about WEI, so I am very interested in the mask. I’m a little hesitant to try the face mitt, but that’s just because of my rosacea. I’m hoping that my skin isn’t too sensitive for it, but I’m willing to try it at least once. The April box may not be my favorite of all of the ones that I have received, but it is certainly near the top. Way to go Birchbox!
I’d love to know what’s in your Birchbox (because they are all different), so leave me a comment and let me know. If you got the same box that I did, tell me what you thought. If you are interested in Birchbox and want to sign up, follow this link to birchbox.com.