The battle of the boxes (bags) continues between Birchbox and Ipsy (MyGlam). I received my November Birchbox in a timely manner this month after two months of it being late. I’m actually really shocked because I expected Sandy to have caused delays, but I received it over the weekend.
November’s theme is Giving: “Thanksgiving has always been our favorite holiday, and not just because of the obvious food reasons. We’re all so busy—with work, with friends, with mastering our makeup techniques—that we sometimes forget to stop and be mindful of how lucky we are. This month’s theme is “Give” and we’ve filled your Birchboxes with products from brands that give back and essentials that we are thankful for—plus a nifty way for you to pass along a treat to someone special.”
- Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder- regular price $30.00 for 4 oz; sample size 5 g, worth $1.35. Revive second-day locks by working this organic dry shampoo into your roots. You’ll get plenty of lift, but no residue.
- ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara- regular price $24.00 per tube (volume not specified); sample size looks to be a full sized tube, worth $24.00. Falsies without the fuss. This innovative mascara uses tiny lash-extending fibers to give you a lengthy fringe. The tube comes with a cool little mirror on the back.
- Mox Botanicals Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter- regular price $16.00 for .2 oz; sample size .1 oz, worth $8. This eco-chic balm in an exclusive flavor, revives lips with avocado oil and shea butter.
- One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum- regular price $39.00 for 90 ml; sample size 8 ml, worth $3.47. Made with pumpkin seed and sea buckthorn oil, this fast-absorbing oil keeps skin supple and hydrated. Bonus: it has aromatherapy benefits.
- EXTRA: John Varvatos Artisan Fragrance- regular price $62.00 for 2.5 oz; sample size .05 oz, worth $1.24. Give this extra sample to a lucky guy. It’s a modern blend of energizing citrus and warm woods.
The grand total of my November Birchbox is worth $38.06, which is well over my $10 subscription fee (finally). Though I’m not keenly interested in the samples that I got, at least I am glad that they are actually worth something this month. If you’ve been following along, you know that the last several month’s worth of Birchboxes have been really bad. I haven’t had a box worth more than $18.00 since July. I hope that Birchbox has received a lot of complaints and is now going to start stepping it up. I used to love Birchbox, and I’m sad to see that it has gone downhill so fast. Hopefully Birchbox has heard their customers and will go back to the quality they used to have.
Tomorrow I will show you what I got from Ipsy (MyGlam) and we’ll see how it compares. Last month, Ispy kicked Birchbox’s butt. Will the same thing happen again this month? We shall see.