As I mentioned earlier this week, NYX is 40% off at Ulta through Saturday. Some of you may not be very familiar with NYX because the brand isn’t available in regular drugstores. That being the case, I figured that I would do a bunch of swatches of my NYX products so that you can see what they look like before you buy. NYX has a huge variety of shades, and it can be overwhelming. As it happens, I have accumulated a lot of NYX, so today I am just going to focus on NYX blushes. I have powder, cream and stick blushes to swatch, but first (as a bonus) let me swatch my NYX Slide-On Eyeliner pencils, because I know that many of you are interested in those.
NYX Slide-On Eyeliner, from left to right: Pretty Violet, Sunrise Blue, Tropical Green, Jewel, Golden Olive, Brown Perfection, and Jet Black. You know by now, I’m sure, how much I love these liners. If you haven’t tried them yet, do it. There are a ton of shades.
Now, onto the blush. NYX Powder Blushes are extremely pigmented and stay on really well. They are great blushes for their price point.
- 01 Mocha- matte mid-toned pink
- 08 Cinnamon- matte bright orange
- 10 Sand- gold sheen, more of a shimmery bronze
- 12 Terra Cotta- shimmery rose-gold
- 17 Desert Rose- matte burgundy pink
- 25 Pinched- iridescent coral-pink with gold glitter
- 29 Amber- deep matte mauve
Next up, we have NYX Rouge Cream Blush. These blushes give a soft, dewy look to the skin. I only have two shades, in Tickled and Orange.
- 13 Tickled- shimmering peachy-pink. This shade is freaking gorgeous!
- 09 Orange- NYX calls this a soft orange, but there is some real pigment here, so be careful.
I have reviewed the NYX Stick Blushes here on the blog, but it’s been a while. I still really like them. The NYX Stick Blushes have a drier formula than the cream blushes, so if you have oily skin, or don’t love the dewy finish of the cream blushes, these are a great alternative.
NYX Stick Blushes:
- 03 Hibiscus- deep beige pink
- 06 Orchid- peachy pink with gold sheen
- 07 Water Lily- deep mauve pink
- 05 Tea Rose- plum-toned,berry pink
That’s it for my NYX cheek products. I hope that helps some of you. I will definitely do more NYX swatches in the future, but I wanted to get this up while there is still time to catch the sale. I really like NYX. I have tried many of their products, and I’ve really liked most of them. I definitely recommend that you give NYX a try.