As promised, here is my collection of lip products from NYX with swatches so you can see if there are any shades that you may want to purchase for yourself during the 40% off sale. Some of you may not be very familiar with NYX because the brand isn’t available in regular drugstores, only found at Ulta or online. NYX has a huge variety of shades, and it can be overwhelming, especially with the lip products. It’s difficult to see an accurate color representation off the images offered on cherryculture.com and NYX’s website. That being the case, I figured that I would do a bunch of swatches of my NYX lip products so that you can see what they look like before you buy. Check this post to see my NYX Swatch Fest for the Cheeks. All of the swatches below were taken in the sunlight so you could see any shimmer or sparkle. All of these photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.
First up, one of the most popular lip products from NYX are the Mega Shine Lip Glosses. These glosses are really good, pigmented,with just a faint touch of stickiness to help them last longer. They do smell like candy, so if you are sensitive to smell you may hate them, but most people I know love them.
- Nutmeg- Creamy red-ish brown
- Copper- Shimmering red-bronze
- Sunrise- Fuchsia with gold shimmer
- Pink Rose- Bright shimmering coral pink
- Nude Peach- Slightly shimmery light coral
- Sponge Cake- Pinky bronze with gold shimmers
- Cosmo- Light bronze with silver and red shimmers
Sponge Cake and Cosmo look really dark in this photo for some reason, so I wanted to post one in indoor light so that you can see them a little more true to life. The other colors look fine, so I’m not sure what happened there. The swatch below is more accurate of the color.
Also very popular are the NYX Round Lipsticks. Inexpensive, moisturizing, and extremely pigmented, these lipsticks deserve to be a cult favorite. They are super creamy, feel great on the lips, and last for hours. Luckily, unlike the Mega Shine Lip Glosses, they have no scent.
- 610 Celebrate- Red brick with shimmer
- 523 Ulysses- Brownish-red cream
- 585 Terra Cotta- Red-toned medium brown cream
- 635 Doll- Bold pinky-plum cream
- 565 B52- mid-toned soft mauve cream
- 616 Watermelon- Icy pink with gold shimmer (pearl finish)
- 643 Femme- Bright red-toned pinky-coral cream
I also have three of the Diamond Sparkle Lipsticks. These have pretty much the same formula as the round lipsticks, but with a lot of sparkle. They are not chunky or gritty at all.
- Sparkling Rust- Ultra shimmering warm red-ish plum
- Sparkling Walnut- Ultra shimmering brick
- Sparkling Chestnut- Ultra shimmering brown
I have three of the Jumbo Lip Pencils. These are extremely soft and creamy. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired though. The caps are thin and crack easily if you push them down too hard. The pencils are covered in a thin plastic coating that makes them hard to sharpen. I prefer the lipsticks, but packaging problems aside, the pencils aren’t bad.
- Honey- Pinky Nude Cream
- Chaos- Bright Pink
- Narcisse- Burgundy Plum
The Soft Matte Lip Creams are a pout paint that dry to a matte finish. They are, like all NYX lip products, intensely pigmented. They last for hours, but like most matte lippies can feel a little drying on the lips. Some of you will love these long-lasting lip creams, but they are a little bit too drying for me personally. They look a little glossy in the swatch, but the are definitely matte on the lips.
- Amsterdam- Pure Red (it’s pulling a little pink in the swatch below, but it is a true red IRL)
- San Paulo- Bright plum-toned pink
I like the Xtreme Lip Creams much better than the Soft matte Lip Creams. It is the same great pigmentation and staying power, but with a glossy finish and a lot more moisture. These feel great on the lips and last for hours. They are a really good combination of a stain, gloss and lipstick.
- Buttery Nude- Pinky Beige
- Bonfire- Mid-toned Pinkish Plum
Whew, that’s a lot of swatches! That is my entire NYX lip collection. I hope these swatches help you while you are debating which shades to get for yourself. As you can see, I have some shades that are very similar to each other but looked different in the images provided online. Now hopefully when you buy, you can avoid that issue with posts like this. Again, if you missed the code from my last post, enter NYX4013 on your cherryculture.com order to get 40% off all NYX products. The sale is good through 11:59 pm CST on May 8th.