This is my second look in my Wet n Wild Comfort Zone 3 Looks, 1 Palette series. For more information on why I chose Comfort Zone and to see my first look, refer back to this post. Today’s look is definitely a night out look. It’s bold and sultry, using the awesome duochrome definer shade. Again, I should note that all of these pictures were taken with a flash because of our stormy weather, so the shimmer is more apparent than it normally would be. I hope that you enjoy
Look two of this series spotlights the duochrome Definer shade on the bottom right side of the palette. To recreate this look:
- Prime lids, I used Too faced Shadow Insurance
- With a flat shader brush, pack on the duochrome definer shade all over the lid and blend out a little into the crease. This is partly to defuse the shade, but also to help the crease color blend.
- Use the brown crease shade from the left side of the palette liberally in the crease.
- With the blackened olive crease shade from the right side of the palette, deepen the crease and the outer corner of the lid. Try not to bring it too high because you still want to see that brown shade that we laid down. Be careful because a little goes a long way with this shade. It’s better to use too little and need to add more than to use too much and end up with a black eye. I went really light with this shade, but if you want a smokier look use a bit more.
- Highlight the brow and inner corners with the yellow browbone shade. (normally I would use a matte highlight like Brulee with all of these shimmer shadows, but I didn’t want to stray from the palette.)
- Finally, use the duochrome definer shade on the lower lash line to give your liner added dimension and really pull the look together.
I lined my eyes with NYX Slide-on liner in Jet Black, and yes that is a wing you see. Crazy, I know. I never wing my liner, but I felt this look needed it. You don’t have to go so thick with your liner if you don’t want to, but I like thick liner. I used Physicians Formula Organicwear Fake Out mascara because I am trying to use it up. This look would also work really well with fake lashes, which I am still working up to.
I love this look. I think it’s sexy and unexpected from a $5 palette. Though I don’t have it myself, the duochrome definer shade is supposed to be a dup for MAC’s Club eyeshadow. If you don’t have Club and want it, you can save a lot of money by picking up Comfort Zone instead. I hope that you liked this look. Stay tuned for Look 3. Also, let me know in the comments below what other palettes you might like to see featured in a series like this. I already have a request for the WnW Petal Pusher palette. Any other suggestions?