Hey everyone, here is my birthday haul as requested. I asked you a couple weeks ago if you would be interested in seeing a haul post for my birthday goodies and several of you said yes, so here it is. This should go without saying because you all know me by now, but this post isn’t meant to be taken as bragging. It’s all in the spirit of fun to be shared with other makeup addicts like myself. I have been very good this year at not buying new makeup and saving money, so I felt that it was time to splurge and explore some higher end brands. My birthday this year was divisible by five, so my husband and I got a little expansive. There were several nice dinners, and some very cool non-beauty items, but this post is about the great makeup I received. Some things were gifted to me, and some were things that I got on shopping trips. Ulta had some great gifts with purchase, bonus point offers, and a 20% off sale in July. They also give you 2x the points on all purchases made in your birthday month and a $10 off coupon on anything in the store. I was able to wrack up quite a few points and will be saving them for any Holiday palettes I may be interested in later this year. If you aren’t signed up for the rewards program, get to it. It totally pays off, and it’s free to sign up. I am going to break this up by brand for the most part. If you see anything that you want a full review on, just let me know.
I will start with BareMinerals. I have not tried a lot of bareMinerals in the past, but I have fallen in love with their Ready Eye Shadow formula and wanted to experiment with some more products from the brand. Not wanting to commit to several full size products (and their price tags), I decided to go with these great trial sized items that I found on the Ulta website. I have found that going to Ulta and Sephora’s websites can give you some cheaper alternatives that are not necessarily available in-store. All of these products were $15 or less. Here is what I got:
- bareMinerals Touch Up To-Go: “This is your ultimate finishing touch for a flawless, shine-free complexion wherever, whenever. Minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and keep your skin looking fresh with this perfectly portable set. Includes a Baby Buki Brush, so you can bring your beauty with you wherever you go.” The mini Touch Up Veil is in translucent, and is half the size of the full size product. The baby brush is a little too small to be effective, but the clear makeup bag that they come in is great and woul fit into a small purse.
- bareMinerals Double Trouble: “A truly dynamic duo, this lipstick and lipgloss duo provides double the impact with universally flattering colors in rich, satiny formulas, for fabulously fuller looking lips. The Collection includes Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Smooth Talker and Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Make Your Move.” I already know that I like the formula for bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick and lipgloss, and I love the smaller sizes which mean that I may be able to actually get through them.
- bareMinerals Well-Rested Trio: “This 3-piece makeup collection perks up the complexion for a refreshed look. Enhance the eye area with Well-Rested Eye Brightener Broad Spectrum SPF 20 using the included silky-smooth concealer brush. Highlight the face with Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener for absolute radiance and to look like you just got a good nights’ sleep.” I have heard so many good things about Well Rested, that I can’t wait to try these out.
I also received a free Mini Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil and 5x the points with my purchase. All of these products (except the free gift) are still available on the Ulta website.
I have been trying to resist the new Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette, but I really wanted it. Something about it called to me. So, when the Tarte Friends and Family sale happened, The Hubs told me to go ahead and get it as one final Birthday gift. And, since everything was 30% off, I grabbed a couple more items with it.
- Tarte Rainforest After Dark Limited-edition colored clay eye & cheek palette: “Inspired by the deep orchid hues of the Rainforest at dusk, this palette has everything you need to create sultry, sophisticated looks to take you from day to night. Each pigmented, flattering shade is infused with colored clay, which naturally color-corrects as it helps control oil for longer, truer wear. This next generation ingredient from the mountainous regions of Brazil brightens, evens and soothes skin while the velvety formula glides on and delivers rich color without settling into fine lines or wrinkles.” It is flat out gorgeous. I can do a review with swatch pictures, if you want. The palette is available at both Sephora and Ulta.
- Amazonian Clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in Shimmering Moss: “This long-lasting cream shadow glides on smooth and forms an impermeable layer that protects against sweat, tears, flaking, and creasing for hours of wear time. Treat delicate eyelids to skinvigorating™ Amazonian clay, carnauba wax, mineral pigments, and vitamins A and E as you impart gorgeous color that can be worn alone or layered under tarte eye shadow powders.” Shimmering Moss is a beautiful color, and the shadow was already discounted before the F&F sale, so I ended up paying $7 for it.
- Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Poppy: “Treat lips to a dose of color and moisture with these Amazonian butter lipsticks, infused with precious Amazonian butters to hydrate and smooth lips throughout the day. The luxurious formula glides on smoothly to deliver rich, creamy, natural looking color in a variety of shades that flatter any skin tone. Peppermint oil adds a refreshing hint of mint with each application and helps give lips a fuller, plumped up appearance. Each lipstick features unique, chic, eco-friendly packaging in specially-designed prints.” I’ve been wanting to try the Tarte Amazonian Lipsticks for a while now, so I went ahead and snagged Poppy, a bright pink-toned red.
I also received a free deluxe sample of the Double Detox Amazonian Clay Exfoliating Facial Mask. My Tarte order was processed and shipped very quickly. I was able to use Ebates with it, so I got cash back from the sale event.
This final picture is of stuff from both Ulta and Sephora. You have already seen the Free Birthday gifts from each store, but for a closer look refer back to this post. My husband, who is awesome, knows me well and gifted these items to me.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Service Set: “Show your lips some love with these four mini pout protectors that nourish, smooth, protect, and tint in three simple steps.” This is the only product purchased from Sephora. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be available on the website, but maybe there are still some sets available in the store. I became completely hooked on Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatments on my trip to Walt Disney World last year. I just love the formula, but the full size is so expensive that I wouldn’t buy it for myself. I love that I was gifted this set though, and am really excited to bust into it.
- LORAC Pro Palette 2: “Go PRO with LORAC PRO Palette 2! The sequel to their original, best-selling PRO Palette and created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 Shimmer and 8 Matte Eye Shadows in all the cool shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. LORAC’s velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO.” OMG, my husband got me the LORAC Pro 2!!! I am most excited about this than any of the other products that I got, and I got some really great stuff. I was on the fence, hemming and hawing about whether or not I should get the Pro 2. Obviously, I don’t need another neutral palette, but I really wanted it. I am so happy that he got it for me. I’ve had it for about three weeks now, and have been using it a lot. It is so worth it. I am definitely going to do a review on the Pro 2, because I think it is a really good palette to have.
A free deluxe sample of LORAC Cobra Mascara came with the purchase. He stole my card and got the Ulta points for it as well. 🙂
That’s it for my haul. I know that it was a lot, but as I said before, I’ve been really good this year. I also know that I have some things coming up over the next year or two that will put a kibosh on sprees like this, so I got one last hurrah. I am certainly set for a while. If there are any products that you want a closer look at, let me know. I can swatch and review anything that interested you.
Don’t forget to enter my latest giveaway. You have until next Thursday 8/14, and I will pick the winner Friday 8/15.